Canoeing is an activity that may include a certain element of risk. All participants in club activities should be aware that they, and they alone, are responsible for their own safety and comfort.
1. The Outings Committee publishes a schedule of trips and related events, organized by members of the WCA.
2. Participants should:
a. inform the organizer promptly if they cannot attend the trip.
3. Non-member Participation on WCA Outings:
Members may, at the organizer’s discretion, bring a friend or family member to paddle with them on a club outing. Guests will be required to sign a waiver of liability form prior to the trip. See waiver on website.
The WCA provides a broad range of activities and benefits to those who join our community of paddlers and outdoors enthusiasts. If you are a non-member and would like to take advantage of these benefits, including participation in our outings program, we invite you to join our organization.
4. Food, transportation, appropriate boats, camping equipment, partners, etc. are the responsibility of each participant. Organizers may assist in these areas.
5. All trips should have a minimum impact on the environment.
To accomplish this, trip organizers may:
a. limit the number of boats (or participants) permitted on a trip,
b. advise on the camping techniques and equipment used.
6. Organizers have the right to:
a. exclude any participants due to inadequate skills or equipment for the trip,
b. exclude any boat deemed unsafe or inappropriate,
c. make any arrangements necessary to ensure the safety of the group.
7. Participants are responsible for their own safety at all times, and must sign a waiver form if requested by the organizer.
8. In the event that on a trip organized by the WCA a serious personal injury occurs, the trip organizer must as soon as possible inform the Outings Committee Chairman, or another Outings Committed member if the Chairman cannot be reached.
9. Canoeing is a physically active sport. Some trips can involve sustained strenuous exertion. Participants should have a level of physical fitness appropriate to the trip.
Please read the additional documentation below. If you have any questions and/or suggestions, please contact the WCA Outings Committee via email email@example.com
Canoe Safety Rules
WCA Waiver Form
WCA Trip Ratings